One day for lunch we needed something quick and easy. We had been working in the garden, were hot and tired, and didn’t want to spend a hour prepping. I wanted a healthy meal for the whole family that wasn’t laborious. I came up with a quick and easy cucumber herb dip, because this is what we had on hand:
- A little goat cheese
- Fresh herbs from our new garden
- A cucumber
The attachments for my food processor are still packed, so I popped these ingredients into my hand blender processor attachment (that I’ve been using for about 11 years) and gave them a spin. I meant to make a spread, but the cucumbers and my heavy-handed pouring of milk gave me a dip instead! See? Food can be tasty and healthy even if you didn’t quite make what you originally intended! Just roll with it.
quick and easy herb dip, herb dip, fresh basil, cucumbers
HERE’S THE “RECIPE” FOR MY QUICK AND EASY HERB DIP
Quick and Easy Cucumber Herb Dip
Author: Truly Blissful
Serves: 1½ cups
- ½ log (about 5 oz) of goat cheese or substitute cream cheese
- Fresh herbs of your choice~I used basil, rosemary, thyme, and oregano
- A few slices of cucumber
- 2 cloves of garlic or to taste
- Cracked black or white pepper
- Milk to thin to desired consistency
- Put all of the ingredients, except milk, into a food processor or attachment for a hand blender. Blend until all of the herbs and cucumber are thoroughly pureed.
- Taste your dip. Can you taste the herbs? If not, add a few more. Is it salty enough? If not add a pinch more.
- Put in a pretty bowl or large tea cup, and add a sprig of fresh herb to the top.
- Serve with carrots, cucumber, bell pepper, or other vegetables, crackers or even chips.
Download our recipe card here
MAKE IT A MEAL!
Now that you have a yummy dip and veggies to go with it, add a few additional items to make it a quick and easy meal!
Here’s our menu:
- Tuna with apples, cucumber and red onion
- Sliced Ataulfo Mango (the yellow ones)
- Various cheeses (We had Kerrygold Dubliner and Chipotle Bellavitano~both from Costco)
- Rice crackers
- Mango iced tea or mint iced tea sweetened with honey
Carolina and Darie
How to Stock a Healthy, Nourishing Pantry
(Without Freaking Out Your Family)
Learn to identify what's in your pantry, whether it's garbage or goodness, and what to do about it!
Find Out More About Our Mini-Course