Each year, as fall comes around, I start thinking about all of my favorite autumn recipes: gingerbread, pumpkin pie, ginger snaps, cardamom creme brûlée...but these cookies are at the top of the list. Being full of spice and rich molasses, and super easy to make, these cookies are the perfect fall/Thanksgiving/Christmas fix! I love to enjoy them with Coconut Tea and a slice of Kerrygold Dubliner cheese.
TIPS FOR AMAZING MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES
- Don’t overbake!
- Add 2 tablespoons extra molasses if you’d like the cookies to spread a bit more. –>>The pictured cookies were made with the extra molasses, so they spread nicely. Oh, be sure and double the recipe, because these lil’ cookies disappear fast! Dough can be made ahead, and frozen, ready to bake.
- We’ve added a bit extra spice, but you can adjust more or less to your taste.
Simply Wonderful Molasses Spice Cookies
Author: Truly Blissful
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup of Coconut Oil
- 1 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- ½ cup of Molasses
- 2½ cups of Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 2 teaspoons of Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of Ginger
- 1 teaspoon of Allspice
- 1 teaspoon of Nutmeg
- ½ cup of White Sugar for rolling the cookies in
- Cream together the coconut oil and brown sugar. Stir in egg and molasses, mix well.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and mix. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours until firm, this will help the cookies hold a lovely shape, but it not necessary. Preheat oven to 350°. Form cookie dough into balls, then roll in the white sugar. Arrange cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8 to 10 minutes
Download our recipe card here
Love Spice? Try our Best Chai Ever (Indian Masala Chai)!
Get our FREE Simple Healthy Shopping Guide
Overwhelmed with how to start buying better food for your family?
Start your journey to get the goodness into your kitchen and the garbage out!
Get your shopping guide here!